Just Another Relaxing Day

Just Another Relaxing Day

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Summer Vacation...Swim with the wild ponies??


Well, here we are...two months until the end of school and no definite summer vacation plans. I keep tossing around the idea of Chincoteague Island. It seems like a place made in far away dreams...crystal clear water, pristine beaches, wild ponies roaming free, seafood dockside, beautiful sunsets...sign me up.
But, somewhere in the back of my mind, I keep sensing something wrong with something so perfect. I imagine the two hour drive from hell to get to the hotel. The check-in desk with the receptionist who moves like a snail. The never ending mysteries that lurk behind the door to our home for the next week. But, the most dreaded part is the smell of the ponies. I am envisioning a hot summer day in June as we head out to the beach and watch the ponies. Just a few thoughts that cross my mind...who exactly is cleaning up the ponie poop....where do they pee.....do they have fleas....I bet the beach really stinks....are there a lot of flies and mosquitoes....how close will these things actually get to us....do they bite???
All of a sudden my trip to paradise has turned into camping out at the local zoo. I realize that I can not think like this as my daughter really wants to see the ponies roaming free. So, it is with hestiation, that I call the hotel ranked number three by tripadisor to inquire about our stay on ponie poop island....oops...I mean Chincoteague.

No comments: