Just Another Relaxing Day

Just Another Relaxing Day

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Pimp This Mom

Okay, I will admit that I have seen a lot in my day. While reading the MSN news today, I came across something that I just could not resist checking out further; a website called "Pimp this Bum". Now, I think I have pretty much seen everything. The site is dedicated to a real life bum, Tim Edwards. Considering his background, you can not help but feel sympathetic for his cause as it could just as easily be you or I in his position. Tim lost his job as an office manager and apparently was unable to obtain any other employment. It seems his life spiraled down from there causing him to lose his house and car. One can not help feel sorry for him.

The Internet is an amazing tool as it allows someone like Tim to become nationally recognized in a matter of days. His plight has now been taken up by Sunray Treatment and recovery which is an alcohol detox program in Seattle. They are generously providing the $13,800, 35-day program free of charge. Of course, the free publicity doesn't hurt either.

I am wondering how I can get someone to sponsor me on a Pimp this Mom site. I would be more than willing to hold dirty clothes, a vacuum cleaner, school back packs or maybe even a sponsor item for endorsement purposes. Anyone know what I need to get started?

For those of you who are curious you can check it out at http://www.ascendgence.com/pimpthisbum/index.aspx.

No comments: